Account Services, Brooklyn
The account executive will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of marketing and advertising initiatives for the client and agency partners. The Account Executive will report to the Account Director and will be the primary liaison to agency departments to ensure that client goals are met. The Account Executive will ensure that all work is reviewed before it goes to the client and is always on schedule and will maintain compliance with Agency/Client scope of work guidelines. It is the primary objective of the Account Executive to secure Account Director’s confidence as an advertising professional.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of marketing and advertising strategies, including gathering and analyzing information.
- Plan, organize, activate and control the day-to-day process, bringing a perspective to strategy development and the execution of creative plans on behalf of the Client.
- Work with senior staff on the planning and implementation of advertising and marketing initiatives to serve the Client’s business.
- Provide ongoing reporting of recommended action steps.
- Ensure all creative has passed through proper approval and legal channels.
- Monitor and report competitive actions and/or initiatives.
- Document Client meetings/conference calls in writing, outlining direction and agreements made.
- Manage estimates to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure quality, timeliness and cost efficiency of Agency creative product.
- Work with the Account Director and Creative team to develop the most effective method of presenting to your Clients.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience as an account executive or related role in an advertising or marketing agency
- Thorough understanding of the client’s industry and business
- Client-focused, with a strong sense of detail and urgency
- Proven ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with people at all levels of an organization
- Organized; detail oriented; able to multi‐task; self‐starter; able to take initiative to complete projects successfully
Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
UWG, the longest-standing multicultural marketing agency in the country, is uniquely poised to connect forward-thinking brands to the $2 trillion spending power of multicultural consumers. Established in 1969, UWG is based in Brooklyn and owned by WPP (minority share) and private investors. Through developed strategic alliances with political, business and cultural organizations, UWG provides clients with access to untapped audiences and their cultural drivers. The charge is not simply to create advertising campaigns but to build environments that provide insights into who the consumers are and what engages them intellectually and emotionally, resulting in affecting communications that include strategy development, branded entertainment, digital media, public relations and events/promotion.
Apply for this job